We know a great ice machine is a life saver, especially during the summer months so ensuring you have the right equipment is essential to the smooth running of your business.
Here are top tips for choosing the perfect ice machine:
- Take ease of clean seriously! Reliability and ease of cleaning are key factors for operators to consider when purchasing ice machines. It’s important that a reliable, reputable machine is purchased from the offset, in order to ensure a high level of reliability and also in the event of failure that parts are readily available to provide a swift and efficient repair.
- Analyse how much ice you’ll need at peak times – Storage and volume are major considerations when it comes to choosing the right machine. It’s important to establish just how much ice may be required at your busiest times, to ensure your machine can meet this demand.
- Check the location – Selecting a suitable location to position an ice machine and ensuring there is sufficient space available to house it is a vitally important part of the installation process. We offer a free site survey to help you work out the best position of any catering equipment s do get in touch if you’re struggling with this.
- Look after the machine! – Operators must ensure they have clear ice-handling guidelines and we encourage you to stick to a strict regime of training your staff in cleaning the equipment and maintaining best practice to keep on top of ice hygiene on an ongoing basis.
- Ask yourself, what about the future? – Have you planned for growth? Consider building in at least 20% additional capacity on new installations.
Here’s a handy tool to help you work out the capacity of ice machine you’ll need:
Approximate ice usage per day per person
Cocktail bar: 1.4kg
Salad Bar: 6.41kg per cubic metre
Quick Service: 148ml per 207-296ml drink, 237ml per 355-473ml drink, 355ml per 532-710ml drink
You can check out our ice machines here and give us a call on 01934 813686 if you’d like more guidance to buying the right machine for you!